Saturday, January 10, 2015

PACC 2015 is upon us !!

Yes !!!

Again the only contest I like and join is getting close.

The PACC....
1200 UTC, 14 February - 1200 UTC, 15 February 2015
More info at: http://pacc.veron.nl

Last year my results were as good as you would expect from my station.
I came in at 41st of 155 dutch ppl contesting in my category (single op, low power, SSB)
So this year I am going to try to finish higher... so I am keeping my fingers crossed for good conditions and low QRM....

Preparations have started... I scheduled my days off, and I have started to build a headset interface for connecting a simple PC headset to my TS-480.. More on that in a next post though :)

So I told my YL that I was going to participate again... and I told her the dates...
Her response was: "Oh nice on valentines day..." and some grumbling before and after the short sentence. Somehow I started to think she was not so happy with this.... And it turned out I was right....
So i now have bribed my girlfriend, with a nice diner at the Argentina place where we used to live, so I can participate... another 100 euro's gone... but oh well.... at least I am gonna have a nice diner ;)

Until the next post!

Alex
PA1SBM

5 comments:

  1. Je moet er wat voor overhebben Alex. Ik weet zeker dat je dit jaar hoger zult eindigen. Helaas zal ik niet de volle 24 uur mee gaan doen. Mijn XYL is de maandag na dat weekend jarig en ze viert het in precies in het PACC weekend dit keer. Ik zal binnenkort wat tips voor de PACC plaatsen op mijn blog. Heel veel sucses. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Alex,

    Over here in the USA, I saw several stations on 10m with the callsign prefix PA/PC/PI and did a websearch for Netherlands contests. Your blogpage was in the list and am grateful that you had a link to the PACC page. That helped me with the needed exchange.

    Since I have just 100watts and a homebrew Carolina Windham antenna, my DX attempts are somewhat restricted to CW. So during the 14th, I casually logged 12 Netherlands stations on CW which is a personal best for me. Alex, from just that one-day experience, I can tell that you have an accomplished set of proficient CW operators there in the Netherlands. Unfortunately, my CW skills are not to be admired. Additionally, my keyer had some problems that I need to troubleshoot. So the impression I left on the Netherlands isn't very pristine. But hopefully, the points provided to the Netherlands stations will help them in the contest scores.

    During the day, I kept listening for PA1SBM, but no luck. If you were working the contest with voice, then that's why I didn't hear you?

    Best regards from the other side of the pond and 73's.

    Mark Rice, KK5MR
    Greenville, Texas USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mark,

      Good to read that you participated in the PACC contest.... It really puts the Netherlands on the map. I know several ham's here in the Netherlands who are skilled in CW, i on the otherhand am not yet :( , I really would like to learn though, but getting time enough is hard at the moment....
      I as well ran into some technical difficulties, but fixing them will be fun i think....

      Good luck in Texas! and i hope to hear you on the bands...

      73's

      Alex

      Delete
  3. Ah, I found an upcoming Netherlands Special Events using the arrl.org website:

    Celebration Activities of 2nd World War Liberation of the city of Margraten
    May 1-May 31, 0059Z-2359Z, PH70CALM, Margraten, NETHERLANDS. Plusscouts PA3EFR/J. 21.290 14.290 7.090 3.740. QSL. Erwin van der Haar, Mr. Philipslaan 15, Rijswijk 2283CS, NETHERLANDS. To celebrate 70 years of freedom in Margraten, The Netherlands, the Plusscouts PA3EFR/J will activate PH70CALM during the month of May 2015. PH70CALM will be active on all HF bands in both digital and voice modes. VHF will be active as well with a directional antenna some 23 meters above street level. It could be that during the official international commemoration we will adapt the moments of (radio) silence in order to respect the ceremonies and to avoid disturbance of the happenings on the adjacent located cemetery. SWL will be confirmed with the Special Event QSL card. Erwin, PA3EFR www.pa3efr.nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, Alex... an attempt at a post didn't make it to the blogpage before the #4 post.

    I've been attempting to get a QSL card from each foreign country with a special events QSL card. I had wondered if the Netherlands would have any special events operations in 2015, and it looks like they will! 73's.

    ReplyDelete