Wednesday, October 3, 2012

BITX20 - 19. VFO..stupid stupid stupid....

Just a little quick post which will show again why you need a proper guide/manual to build stuff if you don't know what you are doing too well.....

Today i came home early and while driving home i was talking on the repeater of Zaandam, where all of a sudden PA1ED came on... as you might remember he is the one who got me started with the Bitx20 and is also the one i talk to if i need a proper translation from what Sunil writes in his guide, to something what I as a dutchie understand. The conversation started like this.....

Me: Hey Ed, guess what, my IK3OIL FLL VFO runs at 14 MHz !! Woohoo!!
PA1ED: Ohh then i think it's broke... what did you do with it?
Me: Huh? What are you talking about??...
PA1ED: Well , unless you wanna end up at 24MHz, the VFO should not run at 14, but at 4 MHz....

Then as he said this , it hit me....the BFO runs just under 10 MHz... and you need to add that to the frequency of the VFO what will end up to be the frequency you use....
This was what Ed explained quickly as well as i was nearly at home..... So back to the drawing board ....

I will get there though.... just happy to have people correct me right in time before i really blow up things!
So again a big thanks to Ed! :)

73's

Alex

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to make a this bitx20 and found your blog very helpful ... thanks for shear .
    I'm waiting for next post and the results ??

    ReplyDelete