Tuesday, January 21, 2014

PACC 2014 is upon us......

For those who know me it should not be a surprise that i am not a fan of contesting.
With one exception, the PACC.

1200 UTC, 08 February - 1200 UTC, 9 February 2014

That's when it is all going to happen. hundreds or thousands of dutch hams will start to cq to see who will win 1st price. And even more other hams all around the world will start to listen to the hams from our small country.
And this is exactly what makes the PACC fun for me.... I am not a big gun , i have a few small antennas in my small back yard... no beams, no amps... 100 wats in a falcon out-250b, or an end fed wire, or a 5/8 10 meter vertical. But all the hams around the world now will make the effort to hear me. and that makes it a lot of fun.

I took preparations.....

  • Got me a new espresso machine.
  • Got me 8 cans of red bull (energy drink for those who don't know)
  • A VGS-1 speech processor option in my TS-480 as a parrot
  • 3 antenna's wired to the ts-480
  • PACC software made available by the Veron installed.
  • Took some days before and after off from work....
If you wanna know more about the PACC contest , please take a look at http://pacc.veron.nl/

I would like to make a QSO with all of you , and you can each me by e-mail, twitter and skype.
Do drop me a line to see where i am at , or to tell me where you are at so we can make it happen.

Hope to talk to you in the contest !!

73's 
Alex
PA1SBM

No comments:

Post a Comment