Saturday, June 29, 2013

BITX20 - 23. VFO working !!!!


Hello all,

Sorry for not posting a while, i wanted to do a lot , but first my gf came down with the flu and a huge cold.... and after that off-course i had to get it too , and i am still not 100% better....

A few days back i received this email which made me forget my flu/cold/headache and made me wanna jump into my shack and start to fiddle around with my bitx20 vfo again.....




I can only say one thing.... Danny , you are awesome......








As you can see , the vf0+bfo is now at a proper frequency!

I still have a tine problem to get the bandwidth (14.000 to 14.350) set correctly but i guess this is because of the coil i made (and me not having read the manual properly how to set it) . It is not the correct wire , much too thick. needed to adjust the number of winding's slightly too.

I'll do some shopping on eBay tonight to get the proper gauge... because off course ... i did not have any.... nothing near it either.... murphy's law i guess....


Again Danny, thanx for the sollution you totally made my week !!
Succes at last !!! on to the next Bitx20 battle!


73's
Alex

PA1SBM

5 comments:

  1. Nice work Alex,I will modify my VFO also.One thing do,Danny mentioned to put 9,996khz in your counter as IF.Actualy,what you have to do is put your BFO frequency in this parameter.Maybe yours is 9,997khz or 9,995khz.Just measure your BFO frequency on transistor T2,junction capacitor.Just like Danny,I have the best results somewhere near 9,996khz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edwin,

      You are correct. I should have been more clear on that.

      Thanks
      Danny

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunil Lakhani
    I have a problem with the selection of a band of new VFO http://digilander.libero.it/ik3oil/_private/article%20FLL%20VFO.PDF
    please tell me which one to choose from a band of directions.

    5–5.5 MHz 2 x BB204 parallel

    14–14.35 MHz single BB204
    Thanks and regards

    Hi Om

    Yes the FLL will add the IF Freq. So if your IF is 9 MHZ you need a
    VFO for 5 MHZ.

    and if your IF is 10MHZ it needs a VFO for 4 to 4.350 MHZ.

    For VFO of 5-5.5 MHz or 4.435o you need 2 x BB204 parallel .

    You can add the I.F Freq by entering the Menu of FLL counter by the two switches

    Thanks and regards

    you need 2 x BB204 parallel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!!!

      this worked
      I got the 350KHz immediately !!! Even more.... then needed...

      Thanks a lot man! What is your callsign?

      kind regards,
      Alex
      PA1SBM

      Delete
  3. Alex,

    How is the project going? I have stalled on mine since I bought a Hallicrafters HT-40 to play with.

    Danny
    kc0tfi

    ReplyDelete