Thursday, June 2, 2011

Preparations to put up the Diamond KV-5, a 5 band antenna - PART 2

Even though it was really hot outside in the sun , i did some more preperations for putting up the antenna.
I did not make any photo's yet, so I'll add them later.

I started out with a nice trip to the local DIY supply store called Gamma.
I needed some copper pipes,  2 2m pipes, Special ground wire (5 mm wire used in electrical installation)
And some other small parts....

I started with putting the copper pip into the ground... Using water as "drill" you can push 4 meters of copper pipe into the ground EASY.... Don't go deeper with the copper pipe then needed. Copper pipe no goes for 11 euro for a small 2 meter pipe which is the smallest pipe (12 mm).
when that was done i connected the ground wire to the lower wall bracket.
Of course the wire runs through a grey PVC pipe.

When that was done I started to prepare my 6meter long mast pipe. I wanted a possibility to hose a wire antenna to the top, so I made a rope installation.

Tomorrow probably will be the final day of installing the antenna... finally.... but it is said to be really hot again.... If its too hot then i will wait till Sunday where it will be a bit less hot.

Photos will follow later.

No comments:

Post a Comment